COVID-19, Taxes and Office Operations
Updated April 16, 2020
Additional COVID-19 Resources
GGFL Service Changes
From Bricks And Mortar To A Virtual Firm In Five Days
Our Richmond Road office is closed but GGFL is very much open for business.
We locked our doors barely a week ago and since then, have transformed into a virtual firm.
Our technical team has worked wonders in the background putting together the many and varied complex pieces that now allow members of our staff to work from their home offices, serving the business and personal financial needs of our clients. Our entire team is now up and running.
Here are some of the measures we have in place:
- We have the technology to support virtual meetings between staff and clients.
- We will be shortly launching our e-signature tool to take advantage CRA’s decision to allow e-signatures. This is a tremendous step forward by CRA, and a significant time saver for our clients.
- GGFL’s ShareFile portal is a secure, quick and efficient way to send us your scanned documents. If you haven’t used it before, visit our website for how-to-videos and guides. We’re sure you’ll like it!
- For those who prefer the paper route, check out our new, convenient drop off system. See all the details here.
- During this period, off-site visits to our clients are suspended. However, we are developing a virtual alternative that will allow us to work directly with clients on audits and reviews etc. while continuing to meet required CRA standards.
Payment Reminder We offer several payment options outlined here. Those who wish to pay by phone should send an email to email@example.com. We will reach out to arrange a secure call to take the information over the phone. Clients are also welcome to mail cheques but should note that processing of cheques takes longer due to delays in mail delivery and quarantine requirements.
At GGFL, we will be closely monitoring how these various measures will be implemented and will communicate all we learn on our website and via a new weekly e-newsletter dedicated to the impact of the COVID-19 virus. We know how important this information is, especially for the many GGFL clients who are owners of small and medium sized businesses.
Your GGFL team is here to help. If you have questions, or need advice, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.