COVID-19, Taxes and Office Operations
Updated July 15, 2020
Additional COVID-19 Resources
GGFL Service Changes
Our Office is Back Open for Business! With Some Restrictions, of Course
While our Richmond Road office officially closed its doors in March, GGFL remained very much open for business. Thanks in large part to our savvy IT team, we were able to maintain momentum with our shift to working remotely.
At that time we successfully transformed into a virtual firm. While we’re pleased to announce that our offices will now be re-opening for business Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm and that we are available for limited size meetings onsite, we continue to work primarily remotely. As such, we continue to work with the following measures in place:
- We have the technology to support virtual meetings between staff and clients.
- We have launched our e-signature tool to take advantage CRA’s decision to allow e-signatures. This is a tremendous step forward by CRA, and a significant time saver for our clients.
- GGFL’s ShareFile portal is a secure, quick and efficient way to send us your scanned documents. If you haven’t used it before, visit our website for how-to-videos and guides. We’re sure you’ll like it!
- For those who prefer the paper route, check out our convenient drop off system. See all the details here.
- While we are now accepting limited in-person visits by appointment, we have also developed a virtual alternative that will allow us to work directly with clients on audits and reviews etc. while continuing to meet required CRA standards. Please speak with our staff if you need to arrange for either an in-person or virtual meeting.
Payment Reminder We offer several payment options outlined here. Those who wish to pay by phone should send an email to email@example.com. We will reach out to arrange a secure call to take the information over the phone. Clients are also welcome to mail cheques but should note that processing of cheques takes longer due to delays in mail delivery and quarantine requirements.
At GGFL, we will be closely monitoring how these various measures will be implemented and will communicate all we learn on our website and via a new weekly e-newsletter dedicated to the impact of the COVID-19 virus. We know how important this information is, especially for the many GGFL clients who are owners of small and medium sized businesses.
Your GGFL team is here to help. If you have questions, or need advice, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.