The Fab Four Team Up
More than 75 years have gone by since Leon Gluzman and Joseph Ginsberg co-founded Capital Audits Registered at 46 Elgin Street in Ottawa in 1946. First-year gross revenues were a modest $1,600, but, the firm endured and grew increasingly successful. In 1959, the company moved to its present location at 287 Richmond Road in Westboro Village.
Richard Fage began his career with the firm in 1960 and became a partner in 1968. Gerald Levitz joined as a partner in 1977; then, one year later, the firm was renamed Ginsberg Gluzman Fage & Levitz (GGFL).
Expanding in the 80s
In 1980, Claude Gingras joined the team and led the creation of Ginsberg, Gingras & Associates Inc., an insolvency firm affiliated with GGFL. Soon afterwards, in 1982, GGFL affiliated with DFK International, a major international association of independent accounting firms, with over 300 offices across the world, that can provide GGFL clients with national and international expertise should they expand in Canada or into global markets.
The Team Grows
Over the next 26 years, GGFL strengthened and diversified its expertise through a number of partner additions: Bruce Johnston in 1988, Jeffrey Miller in 1991, Debbie Bourchier in 1995, Patricia Day and Hugh Faloon in 1998, John Baldwin in 1999, Alan Freed in 2001, and Paul Morton in 2006. Josh Engel joined the partnership in 2010. He was followed by Anne Van Delst in 2013, Donna Ho-Faloon and Chad Saikaley in 2015, Natalie Evans in 2016, Kody Wilson in 2019 and Christian Perry in 2020.
Moving into the new millennium
In 2000, more than 50 years after its founding, the GGFL office expanded to 20,000 square feet. In recent years we have grown into one of the largest locally controlled accounting firms in the National Capital Region, with more than 100 full-time employees.
The handwritten ledgers and journals opened with a key have been replaced with state-of-the-art technology solutions that help ensure the firm remains focused on meeting client needs today and in the years to come.