GGFL Portal User Guide
HERE ARE THE BASICS OF SHAREFILE TO HELP YOU GET STARTED ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND UPLOADING FILES FASTER.
How to Log In
When you want to upload or download files with your team at GGFL, simply go to https://ggfl.sharefile.com/home/shared and login.
Enter your username and email address associated with the account.
Enter your password and click “Log In”. You will be taken to the Dashboard menu.
If you cannot remember your password, go to https://ggfl.sharefile.com/Authentication/Login#ForgotPassword and you will be guided through the process to reset your password.
- The Dashboard is the first page you see upon signing into your ShareFile account.
- Recent Files will display up to five files that you previously accessed from the current web browser.
- Use the navigation menu on the left side of the page to get access to folders and settings. If you do not see a shared folder, please send us an email at email@example.com.
How to upload files to your account
- Go to https://ggfl.sharefile.com/home/shared. You may only upload files to folders where you have been given Upload permission.
NOTE – you can be sent a Request to upload files from a user on the account. If you are responding to an email request to upload files, skip to the next section for instructions.
- Navigate to the folder where you wish to upload files. Your folder will be located in the Shared Folders section of the account. If you do not have folders to access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access the green Action Button and select Upload.
- Drag your files from your computer into the Drag Files Here area, or click Browse files to select them manually. Click Upload when ready. Your files will be uploaded. Upload speed can vary based on your internet connection.
How to upload files to a Request link
- Click the link located in the email from the person requesting files. The link may either appear as a ShareFile URL or as a banner with the link: Click here to upload files.
- On the screen that appears, drag and drop the files you wish to upload from your computer folder or desktop to the box on the screen.
- When you’ve placed all files you wish to upload in the box, click Upload. A success message will be displayed once your upload is complete.
How to download files from email notifications
- Click the link located in the email from the person sending you the files. The link may appear as a ShareFile URL or as a Download button.
NOTE – Depending on the original sender’s message settings, you may be required to enter your name and email address before you can upload any files.
On the download page, you can download and preview the file(s). If you were sent a single file, the file will be displayed in the content viewer. Use the blue Download button to download the files.
When downloading files from ShareFile, the files will be downloaded to your computer.
Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted to select where files should be downloaded to.
How to download files from GGFL’s Portal
- Navigate to the folder in your ShareFile account that contains the file you wish to download.
- To download a single file, right-click the file and select the Download option.
To preview the file before downloading it, simply click the file name once to open it in the Content Viewer. From the viewer, click the Download button on the right.
NOTE – You can download multiple files at once by using the checkboxes on the left side of each file name.
Select the files then click the Download button that appears in the content menu above the file list.
The file(s) will be downloaded to your computer. Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted to select where files should be downloaded to.